Home Forums GST Queries Can Missed invoice in GSTR-3B return be taken in next month return?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

Question – One of the most common asked question these days is that we have missed one purchase/sales invoice in the current month’s GSTR-3B. Can we show it in subsequent month’s GSTR-3B Return?

Answer – Government has enabled GSTR3B revision facility for submitted but not filed a return and it is being expected that soon the revision facility might be provided for filed return as well. Although no official confirmation as to this has yet been notified. So, if you have the option consider revising the return.

Ideally, the current month’s data if missed should not be furnished in subsequent month’s GSTR3B, due to the fact GSTR3B is the summary return which shall be matched with the GSTR1 and GSTR2 at some later point of time. This can lead to a mismatch between the data. Although return like GSTR-1 provides the option to amend the earlier furnished data, GSTR-3B does not separately provides for any such option and thus legally and ideally this should be avoided. Any mistake in GSR3B shall be corrected in GSTR1 and GSTR2 only. However, taxpayers are facing issue because no mechanism for GSTR2 has been notified yet.

• #3050 Reply
      NALINI

hi, i have missed invoices in GSTR3B , Can i add invoices in GSTR1, pls suggest me

• #3200 Reply
      Ankit

Interstate purchase invoice of july 2019 missed can we take that in feb 2020 is it ok my turnover is 50 lakhs and also the invoice value is around 70k

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Can Missed invoice in GSTR-3B return be taken in next month return?
Your information: