Home Forums GST Queries Chose the option to file Monthly return instead of quarterly return. What to do?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

There are many taxpayers who were required to file the GSTR1 on a quarterly basis but by mistake while logging onto portal chose the option to file the monthly return. Now, such taxpayers are eagerly looking for the solution to this problem, but it is sad to know that as of now, there is no option to reverse this selection. So, if you have chosen to file the return monthly instead of quarterly, then you cannot opt out until the end of the financial year 2017-18. In the next financial year, you will be able to change the option.

• #2143 Reply
      Neeta Chatwani

I didn’t select quarterly option for filing. What can i do now?

• #2146 Reply
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

Please read the above paragraph. It contains all the info available in public domain.

• #2699 Reply
      vijay singh

hello i want to know that in next financial year how to switch to monthly from quarterly please tell me process step by step.

• #2701 Reply
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

When you will log in for the first time for filing the return, you will be serviced with the option to change the return filing period. You can choose the option to file monthly return and proceed with filing April’s month return.

• #2843 Reply
      CMA NITIN PRUTHI

I want to know whether I will shift from Monthly to Quarterly filing of GSTR1 for the period starting from July-2018 to Sep. 2018.

• #2844 Reply
      CA Tushar

Option to file quarterly returns is only proposed. it has not been finalized by the parliament. The date and month from which it shall be effective will also be declared separately.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Chose the option to file Monthly return instead of quarterly return. What to do?
Your information: