Home Forums GST Queries Entered wrong details of invoice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      taxgrid
      Keymaster
      Issue – Entered wrong details of invoice
      QUESTION – MY ISSUE IS WE HAVE ENTERED A WRONG GSTIN FOR ONE INOVOICE
      DETAILS WE HAVE UPLOADED GST NUMBER FOR INVOICE NUMBER .171 DATE. 20/07/2018 AS XXXXXXXXXXXXXX5. BUT THE CORRECT GST NUMBER IS YYYYYYYYYYYYYYK. WE HAVE MADE THIS WRONG BECAUSE THE FIRM NAMES IS ALMOST SAME.
      SO, PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO RECTIFY ABOVE ISSUE. I HAVE ALREADY FILED GSTR-1 FOR THE MONTH OF JULY 2018.
      Answer – The invoice can be amended in Amendment table of next month’s GSTR1. When the details will be furnished in “Details of Original documents” column along with invoice number, all the details currently furnished will show up. Then information can be edited to correct the details.
    • #2860 Reply
      ANTONY

GSTIN NUMBER CANNOT BE AMENDED. IT IS BETTER TO ISSUE A CREDIT NOTE TO THE RECIPIENT FOR THE ENTIRE AMOUNT AND THEN ADD THE ORIGINAL INVOICE DETAILS IN B2B OF THE SUBSEQUENT MONTH.I THINK THIS MAY BE A PRACTICAL SOLUTION. PLEASE INFORM ME IF DISAGREE WITH MY OPENION.

• #2861 Reply
        taxgrid
        Keymaster

The solution was practically possible when was last used. Maybe changes in GSTN system now may have made it unviable. Will get it checked again. But issuing credit note here may make the situation messy for the counterparties involved.

• #2864 Reply
      Dinesh

Sir I am a contractor for Nagar nigam and my work is out/laying of submersible motor pump so please help me what is get rate is in my work is exempt or nnot

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Entered wrong details of invoice
Your information: