Home Forums GST Queries Missed invoice in quarterly GSTR1

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

Question – I AM A TRADER AND NORMAL TAXPAYER. SINCE MY PREVIOUS TURNOVER IS LESS THAN  1.5 CRORE I HAVE OPTED QUARTERLY GSTR-1 RETURN I HAVE FILED SEP. ENDED QUARTER WITHOUT ADDING AUGUST INVOICES IN THE SEP.GSTR-1 RETURN  CAN I ADD AUGUST INVOICES IN THE OCT-DEC?

Answer – Yes missed invoices can be furnished in subsequent period GSTR1 return. Also, refer https://taxgrid.in/forums/topic/interest-sales-invoices-missed-filed-gstr1/

• #2029 Reply
      JAYARAMAN RAMIAH

sir
      THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY YOUR HELP DESKS SHOWS THAT IHAVE TO PAY INTEREST

FOR THE MISSED INVOICES DO NOT MISTAKE ME I WOULD LIKE TO PONTOUT THAT I HAVE FILED
      GSTR-3B FOR AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER AND SETOFF LIABILITY FOR ALL THE INVOICES

GSTR-1 RETURN IS NOTHING BUT DETAILS OF SALES DECLARED IN GSTR-3B THEN HOW THE INTEREST
      WILL ARISE FOR MISSING INVOICES IN GSTR-1
      PLEASE CLEAR MY DOUBT
      YHANKS RAMIAH JAYARAMAN

• #2032 Reply
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

If you have missed the invoices in GSTR1, but the tax was paid in GSTR3B, then you signifies the system that you have previously paid more tax and would now like to correct in GSTR1. So the differential amount might have been credited to your account. NOw you need to pay back amount.

• #2305 Reply
      GAURAV SHARMA

SIR I FORGOT TO SHOW SALE INVOICE OF UNREGISTERED DEALERS IN JULY 2017 GSTR1 . IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY TO SAVE THE INTERST AND PENULTY.

• #2306 Reply
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

No interest needs to be paid on the missed invoices.

• #2339 Reply
      RAMIAH JAYARAMAN

if Iadd sales invoices not uploaded in sep ended quarter (AUGUST INVOICES) IN JAN-MAR QUARTER GSTR-1
      SHALL I HAVE TO PAY INTEREST (THESE INVOICES ALREADY DECLARED IN AUG 3-B RETURN AND ALSO SET-OFF
      THE LIABILITY EVEN THEN SHALL I HAVE TO PAY INTEREST PLEASE CLARIFY

THANKS RAMIAH JAYARAMAN

• #2469 Reply
      krishnan

now we pay the 1 quarter then only rectified we are not added 2 invoice in the month of February and march.
      so now that 2 invoice we are field the next quarter?

• #2577 Reply
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

If 2 invoices are missed out, they can be filed in next quarter.

• #2631 Reply
      JENI

I AM MARCHANT EXPORTE I FILED QUARTY BUT FORGATE JAN AND FEB BILL FILED IN GSTR1
      SO NO IGST REFUND CLAIM HOW CAN I RECTIFY THIS

• #2633 Reply
      CA Nihalchand Jain

Claim in the next return that you file.

• #2725 Reply
      JITIN KHANNA

HI Sir,

Is there any possibility of correction of invoices wrongly entered in B2CS for the month of Feb’18 where as those were Invoices of B2B nature ??

Regards,
      Jitin

• #2774 Reply
      Prateek

i forgot to show sales for the month of oct-17 & nov-17 in Quarterly GSTR1 for oct-dec 17. Only show the sales of dec. But I had shown all the correct sales in GSTR3B for the month of Oct, Nov & Dec. All the tax liabilities in GSTR3B has been paid.

How can i rectify my return now. Is there any penalty or interest need to be paid??

• #2837 Reply
      M.MURALI

forgot to show sales for the month of oct-17 & nov-17 in Quarterly GSTR1 for oct-dec 17. Only show the sales of dec. But I had shown all the correct sales in GSTR3B for the month of Oct, Nov & Dec. All the tax liabilities in GSTR3B has been paid.

• #2841 Reply
      Karamveer

Dear sir, I missed to filed GSTR 1 for some periods previously like in Jan 2018, Feb 2018 and April 2018 and may be earlier also.

Now one of client has claimed credit for Feb GST, which I have paid duly in GST 3B. I have paid all my GST taxes.

How can I file all my missed GST 1 invoices and can I file it for previous FY also?

Please help as I was not aware of GST 1, being I manage it myself for my small service tax Business

• #2845 Reply
      TARUN KUMAR ROY

SIR,

I HAVE MISSED ONE INVOICE IN GSTR 1 FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH 2018 (FY 2017-18). HOW CAN I REVISED OR ADD INVOICE (WHICH IS MISSING IN MONTH OF MARCH 2018) IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2018(FY 2018-19). PLEASE HELP US TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM

• #2865 Reply
      Yogender Prakash

Sir,
      Iam filing Quarterly GSTR-1. By mistake January & Februay,18 Invoices not uploaded in the GSTR-1(quarterly),which was filed on 30.04.2018, but the GSTR-3B correctly filed for the month of January,February and March,18. How can i correct of my GSTR-1 (quarterly) for the month of march,18.
      Please advise me at the earliest.

Thanks With Regards
      Yogender Prakash

• #2873 Reply
        taxgrid
        Keymaster

You can furnish details in next quarter return.

• #2877 Reply
      chirag

Informative thread!

• #2933 Reply
      sudhir patil

dear sir,

please advice to GSTR1/Sale invoice not uploaded in gst portal to till date , Can possible this bill update in August 2018 gstr1 Return file & how to uploaded in GSTR1.

please suggestion sir

• #2934 Reply
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

Yes you can update the invoice in the lastest return you file but please note that the return for the month of September is the last return in which the invoice for the preceding financial year can be filed.

• #2957 Reply
      Mukundan R

Sir,
      Aug17 GSTR3-B filed and taxes paid. Aug & Sep 17 GSTR1 Quarterly Return 2 Invoice missed. ITR also submitted. Now (06.11.18) how to rectify the GSTR1 or can we file GSTR9 annual return. Please reply

• #2960 Reply
      Priyanshu

Invoice can be submitted in the next return you file. However availability of ITC will be affected.

• #2962 Reply
      USHA GAVALI

DEAR SIR,

WE FILE RETURN IN QTRLY BASIS. I HAVE MISSED ONE INVOICE IN GSTR 1 FOR THE MONTH OF SEPT 2018 (FY 2019-20). TAX ALSO NOT PAID, CAN WE PAY THE TAX FOR THE MONTH OF OCT 3B FOR THE MISSING INVOICE & HOW CAN I ADD INVOICE (WHICH IS MISSING IN MONTH OF SEPT 2018) PLEASE HELP US TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM

THANKS & REGARDS,

USHA

• #2964 Reply
      Priyanshu

You can pay the tax in next GSTR3b which you file and then add the bill in subsequent GSTR1. You can find the relevant options when you file next return.

• #2983 Reply
      satish

I have paid tax and filed gstr1 for October 2018 quarter but i didn’t add the invoice details in gstr1, so how can rectify this issue. Please reply..

Regards
      Satish Chokkakula

• #3006 Reply
      Gautam Murarka

Sir, I have missed 1 Aug 2018 sale invoice (Registered user) in September GSTR1. Now how can I add that in next quarter (April 2019)

• #3009 Reply
        Tushar

The quarterly GSTR filing facility is only limited to GSTR 1 which contains the detail pertaining to your inward purchases. You should have reported the same in GSTR 1 for the subsequent period i.e for the period October 2018 to December 2018, in January 2019.

Anyhow you can now report the same in GSTR 1 to be filed by 10th April.

If the sale invoice, as mentioned, is in the nature of your outward supply, you must report the same in the GSTR 3B to be filed by 20th March, 2019. There will be some additional liability on account of interest due to delay in reporting of the same. Kindly calculate and discharge it along with Tax payment.

• #3029 Reply
      C. S. RAJESWARI

Sir, 4 invoices in October, 2017 has been missed by the previous return preparer in GSTR-1. The party asked to file it during the current month. What will I do? Is it possible? Because of now, I’m going to file the return for April, 2019. Please reply me immediately, since the last date for filling is 20.05.2019

• #3030 Reply
      CA Tushar

If you have missed to furnished the details of any invoice in return Gstr-1 of the relevant tax period then, you can furnish the details pertaining to that invoice in Gstr1 filed for subsequent months also.

Please note if you have not furnish the details in the Gstr 3B of the relevant tax period and have not discharged the tax related thereto, only in such cases the interest liability will arise.in such cases you have to furnish the detail fo invoice in Gstr 3b also along with gstr 1 of subsequent month in which ultimately the details are being furnished.

Penalty will arise only when you have failed to furnish the details of invoice(s) pertaining to previous tax period but not reported in any Gstr 3B filed till the date of Gst audit conducted by department and then department trace out all such invoices and raises demand for it.

• #3464 Reply
      Vijay

We couldn’t file the GSTR-1 of February 2021 (just saved the invoices in IFF) under QRMP scheme but added the tax liability to GSTR 3B of that quarter.
      Please suggest what to do now. Is there a option now to file the IFF?

Viewing 27 reply threads
Reply To: Missed invoice in quarterly GSTR1
Your information: