Home Forums GST Queries Supplier forgets to enter invoice in GST return

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      taxgrid
      Keymaster

Question – I have made a purchase from someone in July and he forgot to enter my GST number in his GST return. From my side, I had made a request in b2b supplies but he is unable to accept the request. What should I do now?

Answer – As per general mechanism if supplier forgets to enter an invoice in GST return or forgets to enter GST number of the customer ( Which is as good as a missing invoice), then the correction can be made by the recipient in GSTR2 which shall be then accepted by the supplier in GSTR1. However, as of now the mechanism for GSTR2 is not enabled on GSTN portal and is under revision process and thus supplier cannot accept any bills uploaded by the recipient. So, the current remedy for the taxpayers facing this problem is that Supplier should furnish the revised details of the invoice in the GSTR1 of the subsequent month with proper details. This way the credit will be passed on to the recipient and for the invoice previously uploaded without GSTN shall be amended to show zero tax.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Supplier forgets to enter invoice in GST return
Your information: