Features of Special drive Refund Fortnight by Governments
Second “Special drive Refund Fortnight” will be started by Government from 31st May 2018 to 14th June 2018. In the press release made by Ministry of Finance, it has been mentioned that till now more than Rs 30,000 crore has been sanctioned as a refund.
This Special drive Refund Fortnight will aim at clearing all the GST refund applications received on or before 30.04.2018.
Highlights of this Special drive Refund Fortnight are as follows:
- Special drive Refund Fortnight will be in force during the period of 31st May 2018 to 14th June 2018.
- All types of refund claims would be facilitated wherein Customs, Central and State GST officers will strive to clear all GST refund applications received on or before 30.04.2018
- There have been some cases of errors, wherein exporters have mistakenly declared their export supplies as the domestic supplies, so for such cases, CBIC has implemented a solution wherein such records will also be processed to customs for clearance and refund will be granted provided no other errors have been committed.
- Refund application in FORM GST RFD-01A filed online will not be processed unless a copy of the application, along with all supporting documents, is submitted to the jurisdictional tax office
- For disposal of any of the refund claims submitted on or before 30.04.2018, GST refund claimants are encouraged to approach their jurisdictional tax authority.
- To check the refund status, IGST refund claimant may get themselves registered on ICEGATE website.
The copy of the press release made in this effect can be read as below: